Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Banana Bread

This is supposedly a "high-calorie" recipe. I found it on a Cystic Fibrosis website when looking for recipes to feed Jaron that are loaded with calories so he will grow!!! I didn't write down where I found it, sorry.

Ingredients:
1/3 c. butter, melted
1/3 c. light brown sugar
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. milk
3/4 c. chopped walnuts (I'm not a fan of eating nuts in bread... but I've found that if I REALLY chop them good with my chopper (like into fine particles) I enjoy the bread much more.)

**I like to add some flaxseed and a few chocolate chips too.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix the above ingredients
3. Pour batter in greased, 8-inch bread pan
4. Bake for 1 hour. A toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread should come out clean.

Serves 8
"605 calories per serving"

Eat it with ice cream on top...mmm... yummy.

No comments: